“WIP-Tools”February 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Posted in Article, bussiness, computer and high technology, news | Leave a comment
WIP-tools include pings, traceroutes and Reverse DNS. Pings can be performed simultaneously on all servers. This option for traces will be available soon. Use our monitoring servers to analyse the IP addresses and networks.
We have developed our own traceroute program, for a more accurate analysis three protocols will be simultaneously used: TCP(port 80), UDP, ICMP. It is the most practical option, because some routers do not respond to ICMP, the other – to UDP.
Visual display of the distance clearly shows the transitions between the hops. Moreover, you can see the AS path and the slow routers.
Examples of possible applications:
- analyse the availability of your networks/servers all over the world;
- test the paths and load on selected network segments;
- choose the right hoster: how well it is located for your purposes;
- test the honesty of your hoster/provider, to whom it is connected and what are its uplinks;
- in case of unavailability of the server you can determine, whether the server or the channel of the provider is down and in what place;
- all results are saved, you can share them with anyone through “Permanent link to these results”;